Podiatrists specialise in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and surgical conditions of feet, ankles and lower limbs, which can include providing:
– Essential foot care for a person unable to reach their own feet,
– Vascular and neurological assessment and wound management for a patient with diabetes,
– Patient education and footwear advice,
– Biomechanical problems – heel pain, pronation (inward roll of the feet),
– Prescription and manufacture of insoles (orthoses) for pressure and pain relief and biomechanical problems,
– Minor nail surgery and conservative treatments for ingrowing toe nails,
– Palliative care for people who may have pain in their feet from conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis,
– Removal of corns or calluses and treatment of fungal nails.
Who needs to see a Podiatrist?
If you are having pain in your back, knees, or hips, then look to your feet. Although these ailments might seem totally unrelated to one another, they can sometimes be linked to problems that start with your feet and how your feet are built.
When you walk, you put the force of as much as five times your body weight on each foot. If the foot doesn’t absorb that shock or redistribute it properly, you can develop problems elsewhere.
Not all people have foot problems and merely assistance with nail reduction, corn or callous/hard skin removal may be required.
People with Diabetes or any other conditions that affect the feet should be seen regularly by a Podiatrist in order to help maintain healthy, comfortable and functional feet.
– $21 (CHSP & QCC eligible) Clinic appointments
– $35 Home Visits – Subject to eligibility
– DVA (Gold) Card Holders and
– Enhanced Primary Care are welcome with a referral from your GP
– $70 Clinic (Initial appointment)
– $55 Clinic (30 min subsequent appointments)
– $85 Home Visit (Initial) – Subject to eligibility
– $70 Home Visit (30 min subsequent appointments)
Our CHSP and QCC Podiatry services cover the QEII district – Brisbane South geographical area.
Check our Podiatry Service Locations map here
To find out more information regarding our Podiatry services, please phone Flexi Care Inc on 07 3422 8400, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or download and complete Flexi Care’s Podiatry Referral Form or Electronic Podiatry Referral Form
Clinics are situated at :
Mt Gravatt, Woolloongabba, Coopers Plains, Acacia Ridge, Annerley, Mansfield, Mater Day Respite, South Brisbane Homeless Clinic and Greek Day Respite Centre, South Brisbane.
Please note, if you receive a Podiatry service that is CHSP or QCC funded, you are unable to claim your private health insurance rebate.
The CHSP & QCC Podiatry services aim to provide affordable and appropriate podiatry services in the Brisbane South CHSP Network catchment area.
Our Private Podiatry services provide a flexible and responsive approach to podiatry needs, and are available in the areas noted on our locations map.